NETWORK OF NGOs FIGHTING TRAFFICKING IN HUMAN BEINGS (RoTIP)
To mark the World Day Against Trafficking in Persons, 18 NGOs working in the field of fighting trafficking in human beings and protecting survivors have set up an informal network since 30 July 2020. Although Romania is the European country with the largest number of exploited citizens, so far there has been no network of NGOs to operate in the field.
The RoTIP network aims at effective cooperation with the main actors in the field of human trafficking, at both national and international level, the exchange of THB expertise in order to monitor and improve the public policies and operational interventions, to improve the level of training for public servants and magistrates, to increase awareness of the phenomenon of trafficking in vulnerable groups, to improve legislation to effectively fight organized crime and confiscate the proceeds of crime, to increase the capacity of immediate assistance offered to survivors of trafficking in human beings, taking into account the specific needs of each victim, reducing Romania’s status as country of origin of most victims of trafficking in human beings exploited in Europe and the Middle East.
The network was established at the initiative of the European Center for Legal Education and Research, with the support of the ”Agenția de Dezvoltare Comunitară Împreună” Foundation.
Members of RoTIP (Romanian Network of NGOs Fighting Trafficking in Human Beings), at the present time, are the following entities:
- Asociația Centrul European pentru Educație și Cercetare Juridică
- Fundația Agenția de Dezvoltare Comunitară Împreună
- Asociația Serviciul Iezuiților pentru Refugiați din România
- Asociația Solwodi România
- Fundația Reaching Out
- Fundația Freedom House România
- Fundația Terre des hommes
- Asociația WorldTeach
- Asociația Centrul Syene pentru Educație
- Asociația Valoare Plus
- Fundația Micu Bogdan
- Asociația Front
- Centrul de Advocacy și Drepturile Omului
- Asociația Inițiativa pentru Justiție
- Asociația Femeilor Românce din Italia
- Asociația Cultural Socială Economică Christiana
- Asociația liberatEd
- Asociația pentru Cooperarea și Dezvoltare Durabilă
Any NGO interested in the activity of RoTIP or in joining/supporting our network is welcome to contact the secretariat of ECLER at firstname.lastname@example.org.